I came across this idea for a post and thought that it sounded like fun. The post idea was to go to your music, hit shuffle all, and list the first ten songs that play.
Sounds fun….and playful….and carefree….perfect for summertime!!
I don’t know about y’all, but I find us listening to music more and more at my house. It used to just be worship music playing during our school day or on Sunday mornings while we are hustling to get ready and out of the door for church. Music can be such a fun part of life. We listen to all kinds of music at our house. We listen to it while we clean and tackle chores or have soft music playing during reading time. I am sure I am just like every other mom in the world that is fighting the battle on TV time during the summer. It seems to be especially hard this week while Allie has been gone during the day at camp. Gary just wants to watch his favorite shows- like the entire season- while he has the TV to himself! Music is a great alternative to the TV.
The more I am typing this, honestly the more nervous I am getting…. haha….thinking about certain songs that might be embarrassing if they show up in my first ten. I am absolutely horrible at deleting old music- I will just keep it on there forever and skip it when necessary.
Oh well, here goes-
- Escape from Snyder – The Newsies Soundtrack – I think it is hilarious that this came up first. The kids and I will sing all of these songs word for word. Otis is not a fan- at all. We usually just skip the musical numbers….
- Party In the USA – Pitch Perfect Soundtrack
- Can’t Stop The Feeling- Justin Timberlake- I will admit that this is my current alarm tone
- Wanted Man- Needtobreathe
- Alive- Hillsong Young & Free
- Castaway on Pirate Island- The Never Land Pirate Band- Gary’s 3rd birthday was pirate themed and we had this album playing on repeat the entire time
- Forever- Kari Jobe
- Out of the Woods- Taylor Swift
- Great are You Lord- All Sons & Daughters
- More Heart, Less Attack- Needtobreathe
Go ahead and hit shuffle and check our what your ten songs would be!!